Monday, May 17, 2010

One Man's Attempt to Help Other Men

I am writing this blog to do my best to help dispel some of the myths and distorted information out there about being a man and in particular to counter what I believe is incorrect and harmful advice on how to deal with the women in our lives.  I have no formal training in psychology so I greatly appreciate any comments or feedback from both men and woman about anything in this blog.  Like all human beings, I am a work in progress and I look forward to learning something new.

This is not a "Pick up Guide." I am not trying to help you get laid. There are plenty of those out there, although I don't feel they are particularly helpful to men in general because they perpetrate what I think is a stupid and impractical myth, namely that men have to "put on an act" and be deceptive in their interactions with women. This relatively new myth is based on another nonsensical myth which is:

MYTH #1: WOMEN DO NOT LIKE MEN

Yes, I know, this is a a very popular myth currently but it is simply not true. The fact is the vast majority of women like men very much and in fact a whole lot of them actually love us. So put that nonsense aside and just accept the fact that women do like us and want to be around us. They think we are awesome and exciting and mysterious and sexy as hell. But they are often confused about why we act a certain way and say one thing and then do the opposite. So we are going to talk about this and see what we can do to avoid falling into some of the more damaging and unproductive traps out there.

This is just the beginning of what I expect to be a rewarding journey.

I hope you enjoy my blog.

- Jim Christopher  

No comments:

Post a Comment